Vacuum Tube Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Center Terminated Capsule
- Vacuum Tube Amplifier Stage
- Custom Wound Output Transformer
- 9-Polar Patterns
MSRP $2,293 USD
Microphone kit comes as a complete system including:
- P-280 Microphone
- Wood Microphone Box
- Power Supply
- 8-Pin Screw-on Cable Assembly
- Shock Mount
- Locking Padded Flight Case
A closer look
A few details that make the P-280 so special
Our 20' Heavy Duty 8-pin Connector Cable comes with microphone purchase. Replacement cable can be ordered here: 8-Pin Cable
P-280 Technical Info
P-280 Frequency Response
P-280 Technical Data
- Capsule Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 34mm, center terminated
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20Khz
- Polar Pattern: 9 - Switchable from omni- to bi-directional
- Sensitivity: 27 mv/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 149 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 6 dB(A)
- Tube Type: 5654W / EF95
- Power Requirements: Dedicated Power Supply, 115V or 230V AC
- Size: 51mm x 205mm
- Weight: 640g
Our community of artists, engineers, and reviewers have been busy putting the P-280 through its paces. We present the following content to help you better understand the unique nature of this microphone.
P-280 YouTube Playlist
"If it seems like I’m pretty excited by the Peluso P-280, I am. As much as I love vintage-flavored fare, it’s equally exciting when a respected mic manufacturer brings something new to the table. The Peluso P-280 is ultra-clean and clear with no harshness, it sounds full without being too imposing, and it pairs impeccably with the Peluso P-28."
-Paul Vnuk, RECording Magazine
"There’s often a slight disparity between various condensers, but while gaining this mic up you become immediately aware of its incredibly low noise floor. I don’t own a tube mic this quiet – in fact, I’m not sure I own a mic with a lower noise floor, period."
-Rick Dickerson, Headliner
A one sheet .pdf you can save and share with the full description, features, and specification of this microphone.
A .pdf brochure you can save and share containing cut sheets for all of the microphones we produce.