Solid State Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Edge Terminated Brass Capsule
- Solid State Amplifier Stage
- Custom Wound Output Transformer
- 4-Polar Patterns
- 10/20dB Pad
- Low-End Roll-Off
MSRP $1,293 USD
Microphone kit comes as a complete system including:
- P-414 Microphone
- Shock Mount
- Hard Mount
- Foam Wind Screen
- Locking Padded Flight Case
A closer look
A few details that make the P-414 so special
P-414 Technical Info
P-414 Technical Data
- Capsule Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 34mm, edge terminated
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20Khz
- Polar Pattern: 4 - omni, bi-directional, cardioid, & hyper-cardioid
- Sensitivity: 12 mv/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 162 dB w/pad
- Equivalent Noise: 12 dB(A)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power
- Connection: 3-pin XLR
- Size: 114/188mm H x 51mm W x 38mm D
- Weight: 490g
Our community of artists, engineers, and reviewers have been busy putting the P-414 through its paces. We present the following content to help you better understand the unique nature of this microphone.
P-414 YouTube Playlist
The P-414 was used on the following sources in this playlist: Hitching Post - male vocal & acoustic guitar; Head Movies - one P-414 two guitars & two male vocals; Little Nora Brown - banjo & vocal; Sierra Hull - vocal, octave mandolin split with P-84; Radio Jarocho - female vocal; Taylor Ashton - backing vocals; Rust Belt Fields - two P-414, all vocals; Gretchen Peters - female vocal; Pøbel - two P-414 on Italian dance tune from the 14th century; Robby Hecht - two P-414 mics on cello, guitar, male & female vocal; Until You Came Along - two P-414 mics on two guitars, violin, male & female vocals; Trey Hensley - male vocal; La Vieja - two P-414 mics complete ensemble; Missy Raines with Trey Hensley and Casey Campbell - two P-414 mics complete ensemble... and many many more!
Click the YouTube Playlist Icon in the frame to expand to see all the videos of the playlist.
Spotify P-414 Playlist
The P-414 was used on the following tracks:
- Across the Universe - male vocal, Ukelele, drum mono overhead
- Stayin' Young - male vocal
- Hitching Post - male vocal, acoustic guitar
- Make You Mine - acoustic guitar (middle mic of a mid/side), drum mono overhead
The hype around the famous brass capsule is well deserved. The P-414 won head-to-head vocal mic competitions more times than not in my studio, and for good reason... The Peluso P-414s have quickly become the go-to mics in my studio... Do yourself a favor and pick up one (or more) of these immediately.
-Slater Swan, Tape Op 5-2022
I would call the P-414 a resounding success! It sounds great, and might be my favorite model that Peluso has made so far. A pair of these mics would be a great addition to any mic locker, and will find uses on darn near everything.
-Paul Vnuk Jr. RECording Magazine 5-2019
A one sheet .pdf you can save and share with the full description, features, and specification of this microphone.
A .pdf brochure you can save and share containing cut sheets for all of the microphones we produce.